In October 2014, the EU launched its Macro-Regional Strategy for the Adriatic-Ionian area, EUSAIR. One year later, OBC and CeSPI analysed its first steps, challenges and opportunities
19 May 2016
Izolyatsia promotes artistic and cultural events. Its headquarters were in Donbass before war broke out, now they are in Kiev. However, their values have remained the same: to guarantee freedom of opinion
- Arzu Geybullayeva | 13 May 2016
- Konstantin Skorkin | 12 May 2016
- Giovanni Vale | 11 May 2016
- Violeta Hyseni Kelmendi | 6 May 2016
- Matteo Tacconi | 5 May 2016
- Francesco Brusa | 29 April 2016
- TRAVEL STORY Hippy Yugoslavia
- BULGARIA Bulgaria: Dinko, the shameful "super-hero"
- GEORGIA National minorities under the Georgian D...
- GREECE Symβiosis: Greece after the shutdown
- BOSNIA ERZEGOVINA The second life of Slobodna Bosna
- MACEDONIA Macedonia: SOS Ohrid
- MEDIAFREEDOM Wiki for Media Freedom: an interview wit...
- PRESS FREEDOM Serbia: journalists on the streets
- AZERBAIJAN Azerbaijan: Mission Nardaran Challenge
- ALBANIA Albania, the pride of the fairies
- MACEDONIA Macedonia: protecting the Šar Planina
- GEORGIA Georgia: the kolkhoz buried, the coopera...
Investigative website Bivol.bg was stripped of the most prestigious Bulgarian investigative journalism prize awarded by the Radostina Konstantinova Foundation after its managing board decided to overrule the choice of the jury
The EU Award for Investigative Journalism has been granted so far in Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia, acknowledging investigations on corruption and social exclusion
Thousands of migrants and refugees are stranded in Idomeni, at the border between Greece and Macedonia. Bledar Hasko visited the camp at the beginning of March
PROVERB SESSIONS is a workshop done with young Syrian refugees in Turkish provinces of Hatay and Batman. Starting from proverbs of their tradition, they made these short films now at disposal of the OBC readers
War in the Ukraine has caused about 1,5 million internally displaced persons. The living conditions of those who have fled the war zone in the east of the country are often very difficult. Report
A still landscape of clay, low trees, and white rocks. Albania looks with apprehension at its southern border, increasing patrols should any refugee appear. A report
OBC is one of the founding members of the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) in Leipzig
In November 2015, OBC promoted the international conference TransEurope. Civil Society networks. Here you can find the three position papers presented during the conference, including the comments collected within the three seminars.
Thousands of refugees and asylum-seekers fleeing war and persecutions, are making a dangerous journey across the Balkans to enter the European Union. A Dossier