The Caucasus International Summer School constitutes a unique opportunity for approaching, with high level international scholars from various disciplines, what makes the South Caucasus a priority in contemporary international studies. From 8th to 12th July, 2013 in Dimaro -Trentino, Italian Alps
- MEDIA Social Media in the Armenia-Azerbaijan c...
- KOSOVO Kosovo: the deal is good
- ABKHAZIA Life in Gali
- SERBIA Belgrade and its street children
- TURKEY Turkey, a Newroz of peace
- HEALTH Resistance in Moldova to health law on m...
- CINEMA Mila Turajlić and the Balkan cinema
- LGBT LGBT in Turkey: they are our children
- MEDIA Who owns Albania's media?
- CULTURE Zelenkovac, the Bosnian peace village
- KOSOVO Kosovo’s money: the central bank, a part...
- ELECTIONS Armenia: elections without a choice
- Erkin Koray, the Turkish Jimi Hendrix
The decentralised cooperation Programme SeeNet II, lead by the Tuscany region and co-financed by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, involves 6 Regions, the Autonomous Province of Trento, Italian Civil Society and 47 local authorities in Sout-east Europe. Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso is the partner for analysis and information dissemination
Elva is a platform developed in Georgia that allows to easily receive feedback from local communities via SMS. Successfully used to map local needs along the ABL with South Ossetia, it could soon be used elsewhere
 Still a niche production, but receiving more and more attention by the day. An OBC dossier on organic farming in the Western Balkans: policies, adjustments to European standards, statistics and country by country analyses
In the Balkans it is a must. Ajvar is a sauce made of peppers. Many countries claim its origin, and many are the recipes. Here's one, based upon our journey in the Leskovac region of Southern Serbia. Photos by Ivo Danchev
It has seven speeds and works without detergent. It can clean 5 heavy blankets in a few minutes. It 's the natural washing machine of Martin Brod, along the Una River, in Bosnia and Herzegovina. A miracle which survived the war and is now protected by a Natural Park
From the web
- Another Dark Corner of the Holocaust - NYT > Greece
- Crowd Led by Priests Attack Gay Rights Marchers in Georgia - NYT > Georgia
- Northern Irish man jailed for 14 years in Athens for drugs smuggling - World news : Balkans roundup | guardian.co.uk