Arguably leading the region in terms of democracy according to organizations such as Freedom House, attempts to mark the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia (IDAHO) in Georgia last week revealed major problems in terms of tolerance in the former Soviet Union.
- ALBANIA Albania: crucial elections for Europe
- MEDIA Social Media in the Armenia-Azerbaijan c...
- KOSOVO Kosovo: the deal is good
- ABKHAZIA Life in Gali
- SERBIA Belgrade and its street children
- TURKEY Turkey, a Newroz of peace
- HEALTH Resistance in Moldova to health law on m...
- CINEMA Mila Turajlić and the Balkan cinema
- LGBT LGBT in Turkey: they are our children
- MEDIA Who owns Albania's media?
- CULTURE Zelenkovac, the Bosnian peace village
- KOSOVO Kosovo’s money: the central bank, a part...
The decentralised cooperation Programme SeeNet II, lead by the Tuscany region and co-financed by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, involves 6 Regions, the Autonomous Province of Trento, Italian Civil Society and 47 local authorities in Sout-east Europe. Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso is the partner for analysis and information dissemination
Elva is a platform developed in Georgia that allows to easily receive feedback from local communities via SMS. Successfully used to map local needs along the ABL with South Ossetia, it could soon be used elsewhere
 Still a niche production, but receiving more and more attention by the day. An OBC dossier on organic farming in the Western Balkans: policies, adjustments to European standards, statistics and country by country analyses
In the Balkans it is a must. Ajvar is a sauce made of peppers. Many countries claim its origin, and many are the recipes. Here's one, based upon our journey in the Leskovac region of Southern Serbia. Photos by Ivo Danchev
It has seven speeds and works without detergent. It can clean 5 heavy blankets in a few minutes. It 's the natural washing machine of Martin Brod, along the Una River, in Bosnia and Herzegovina. A miracle which survived the war and is now protected by a Natural Park
Seminar and book launch
Organic Balkans. Rural development and European integration
TUESDAY 28th May 2013 | University of Belgrade | Faculty of Agriculture
From December 2012, for one year, Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso carries out – with many partners – the project
From the web
- Croatian president urges Britain to remain in the EU - World news : Balkans roundup | guardian.co.uk
- Cyprus bank accuses troika of misleading EU ministers - News from EUobserver.com
- [Ticker] Italy's Grillo seeks EU membership referendum - News from EUobserver.com