Green Agenda for the Western Balkans
The panel will feature key inputs from selected speakers and a broader panel discussion, featuring additional inputs from speakers and audience about the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans
(Is) the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans finally on the Agenda (?). The Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Bulgaria, North Macedonia and Dialogue Southeast Europe are inviting you to an online panel discussion, in the light of Sofia Summit 2020.
In the European Green Deal, a plan to make the EU climate neutral by 2050, the commission says that “the ecological transition for Europe can only be fully effective if the EU’s immediate neighborhood also takes effective action.” This announcement comes as part of the presentation of a EUR 9 billion Economic and Investment Plan for the Western Balkans, adopted by the European Commission.
In parallel to the plan, the commission has presented guidelines for implementing the Green Agenda for the Western Balkans .
The panel will feature key inputs from selected speakers and a broader panel discussion, featuring additional inputs from speakers and audience.
Our speakers for the first portion of the event are:
• Sonja Risteska, Project Manager for SEE at Agora Energiewende
• Radovan Nikčević, Expert on Connectivity at Regional Cooperation Center, Serbia
• Sonja Schirmbeck, FES Germany, Regional coordinator for Central and Eastern Europe
• Patrizia Kraft, Energy Policy Coordinator at German Trade Union Confederation
• Iona Ciuata, Bankwatch Romania
• Slavica Robić, Society for Sustainable Development Design, Croatia
For participation, please register at the following link: https://form.jotform.com/202962265001345
More information on Facebook page of the event